12 febrero 2007

Short English Story

Hello I'd like to share you the first story I created in English. For me it was the first victory with the English Language, and this is the reason because I published here:
STORY --> THE BUTLER
VOICE: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is “the voice” and I would like to tell you a tragic story about love and jealousy. Many years ago, in London a happy couple lived in the suburbs in a big and beautiful house with all kind of facilities. The house had 3 floors covering more than 10.000 square metres. It had 30 bedrooms; 10 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 2 libraries, a gym and a large swimming pool at the back of the house. The wife who was called Helen was exceptionally beautiful, young, talented and very warm-hearted. The husband whose name was Pepe was ten years older than her and he was very smart and ambitious but … he was also very jealous. The family had a butler called James to help Helen with the housework, but the real purpose of hiring the butler was to spy on Helen while Pepe was out. The butler wasn’t very bright and he only did what he was told to do.
There was a curse in the family and nobody understood the reason why Pepe’s last three wives died in strange circumstances.
One day, Pepe had to go to China for a week and this is what it happen.
On the second day of his journey, he was in the hotel and at night he called his wife, but he didn’t remember that London was 8 hours behind and he was very jealous and nervous, because he was very far from home.

PEPE: Hello James. Hurry, I’d like to speak to Helen. Is she at home?
JAMES: Yes Sir, would you like to talk to her?
PEPE: Certainly James, but first tell me if she seems happy today?
JAMES: Yes Sir, today she seems very, very happy.
PEPE: Oh! James Why is she happy? I’m very far from her and she doesn’t have any reason to be happy.
JAMES: I don’t know Sir, but today she seems very, very happy.
PEPE: Ok, James, run and call her, I want to speak to her right now.
JAMES: Yes Sir, I’ll come back in a minute.
PEPE: Oh my God!, I’m sure she has a lover, I don’t believe it, I always give her everything that she needs. Why is she such a bitch?
JAMES: Hello Sir, James here. I went to the bedroom but I didn’t find your wife, but I’m sure she’s at home because the bedroom is untidy and her nightdress is on the bed and she always keep her nightdress in your wardrobe before she leaves the house.
PEPE: Oh my God! Where’s my wife James? Is there anyone else in the house?
JAMES: Certanly Sir, the plumber is in the bathroom repairing a pipe.
PEPE: Oh my God, Don’t you understand? I’m sure my wife is in the bathroom too. Run James, run to the bathroom and call her, I want to speak to her right now.
JAMES: Yes Sir, I’ll come back in a minute.
PEPE: Oh my God!, My lovely and beautiful wife.
JAMES: Sorry Sir but she couldn’t come at this moment, she’s very busy now… with the plumber.
PEPE: The plumber!!! What plumber? Oh My God a man is with her, and she didn’t come to speak to me. Ok James! We need to act fast. Listen to me carefully
JAMES: Yes Sir
PEPE: Go to my bedroom and take the gun from inside the wardrobe.
JAMES: Yes Sir
PEPE: Then go to the bathroom and shoot my wife straight between the eyes. Then shoot the plumber wherever you want, but be sure that both of them are dead.
JAMES: Yes Sir, Then you want me to go to your bedroom, take your gun from inside your wardrobe, go to the bathroom and first shoot your wife and then shoot the plumber. Is that correct Sir?
PEPE: Yes James it’s correct.
VOICE: Bang, bang
JAMES: Ok Sir, I’ve killed your wife and the plumber, what do you want me to do now?
PEPE: ok, James now go to the back of the house and throw the gun into the swimming pool.
JAMES: Yes Sir, ehh! Are you sure that you want me to go to the back of the house and throw the gun into the swimming pool?
PEPE: Yes James, hurry
JAMES: Ok Sir, wait a minute I’ll try to throw the gun into the swimming pool.
VOICE: Two minutes later
JAMES: Sorry Sir but there isn’t a swimming pool in the back of the house.
PEPE: What!!! Are you sure James, when I left home there was a swimming pool in the house.
JAMES: So sorry Sir, but there isn´t now, and I don’t remember that there was ever a swimming pool.
PEPE: Oh James, Are you James Vaughan?
JAMES: No Sir my name is James Pueblo Ingles.
PEPE: Oh my God, and are you working in another house.
JAMES: No I always work in this house.
PEPE: So sorry James wrong number, Bye James.
JAMES: Good Bye Sir

END